What is software testing?
Testing is an essential phase in any product life cycle; whether if it’s a food, cars, or software production line, the outcomes should match what’s expected and meet, satisfy the need that we created the product for. Software Testing is a process of verifying a computer system/program to decide whether it meets the specified requirements and produces the desired results. As a result, you identify bugs in software products/projects.
Typically, career in software testing field consists of 7 major roles, based on knowledge and experience :
- Junior Software Tester
- QA Engineer Senior Software Tester
- Senior QA Engineer
- Test Architect
- QA Lead / Test Lead
- QA Manager / Test Manager
- Quality Head D
- Delivery Head
However, at Enouvo, you will have more opportuinities to develop. You even can become a Business Analyst or a Project Manager.
Get started on QA career pathway
If you are considering a career as a QA Engineer, you need to well – prepare for basic knowledge. Enouvo also offers and nurtures your growth through various training programs as well as sharing sessions from senior members. You will understand more about the software, its construction, and its false.
Doing QA at Enouvo will help you sharpen not just technical but also soft skills. Being meticulous, having analytical skills, logical thinking, and communication skills is what you will have a chance to enhance while working as a Enouver.
Development in your career requires a great deal of commitment and hard work to show the experience and demonstrated abilities. If you keep learning, growing, taking initiative and stay up to date with the latest trends in your field, there is no mountain that you can’t climb.
Having a solid base of understanding how the software components work and integrate with each other as well as gaining the skills of breaking things is an essential skill-set for any QA engineer. Software testing is the art of investigating the software and finding any unintended behavior that might generate undesired scenarios.
Below you can find the path for QA and software testing learning curve which you might need to start the journey.
- Don’t trust a test code that you didn’t see it failing.
- Understand software testing and do not jump into automation;
- Automation is not more than documenting manually written tests and engineering it in a way the code will be readable, understandable, and reusable.
- Make sure that your testing code is actually testing something.
- Your testing code shall not require testing.
- 200~OK is not always okay; Do not rely only on server status while testing, getting 200 status for an unauthorized API call is risking your software security.
- Enouvo Activities (26)
- Enouvo Tech (23)
- Enouvo Grow (14)
- Human of Enouvo (4)
- Awards (3)